Institute of Technology @ Syracuse Central (ITC)
7:50 AM-2:26 PM
The Institute of Technology at Syracuse Central (ITC) prepares students for the 21st century through a rigorous, college-preparatory curriculum with a focus on Automotive Technology, Biotechnology, Culinary Arts and Media Communications Pathways. More than just a school, ITC is a place where students, staff, and the community come together to ensure that all students become productive, successful, lifelong learners.
Students will begin their freshman year with introductory classes which will prepare them for the more intensive courses in 10th-12th grade. All students will have an opportunity to earn a CTE certification with successful completion of the Automotive Technology, Culinary Arts or Media Communications programs.
- Student must be a resident of the City of Syracuse.
- Student must be a current 8th grader entering 9th grade in September 2015.
- Successful completion of online application, including all essay questions.
- Demonstrated interest in one of the four Technology Focused Pathways, as determined by response to essay questions and phone or in person interview.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage in and complete the academic program.
- Successfully participate in the interview process.
To ensure a fair and equitable placement process, the Syracuse City School District will conduct a lottery when the number of students accepted exceeds the number of seats available. Each student will be assigned a random number and entered into our Smart Choice Lottery. Students who are accepted and entered into the lottery, but not selected will be assigned to the waitlist for the 2015-2016 school year.