Public Safety Leadership Academy High School @ Fowler
Inspiring students to become life ready for a future filled with passion, success and enjoyment
8:20 AM-3:20 PM
Main Office: Established in 2014, the Public Service Leadership Academy (PSLA) prepares students for college and career through the provision of high-quality instruction, challenging programming, career and technical options. PSLA students are actively engaged in mentorship, internship and job shadowing opportunities. In collaboration with various public, private, and higher education partners, students are introduced to career pathways in:
- Computer Forensics
- Cosmetology and Barbering
- Electrical Trades
- Emergency Medical Support
- Forensic Science/Crime Scene Investigation
- Geospatial Intelligence
- Law Enforcement
- Navy JROTC
Choose your pathway to success today!
- Student must be a resident of the City of Syracuse.
- Student must be a current 8th grader entering 9th grade in September 2015.
- Successful completion of online application, including all essay questions.
- Demonstrated interest in one or more of the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Pathways offered at PSLA, as determined by response to essay questions and phone or in person interview.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage in and complete the academic program.
- Successfully participate in an interview.
To ensure a fair and equitable placement process, the Syracuse City School District will conduct a lottery when the number of students accepted exceeds the number of seats available. Each student will be assigned a random number and entered into our Smart Choice Lottery. Students who are accepted and entered into the lottery, but not selected will be assigned to the waitlist for the 2015-2016 school year.