IMPORTANT TIPS FOR ALL PARENTS/GUARDIANS, COUNSELORS and COMMUNITY WORKERS:
1. You will need a valid email address to begin the application process. Write down the email address and username you use to complete the application. Be sure to keep it in a safe place.
2. If you are enrolling a child for the first time, please spell their name exactly as it appears on their Birth Certificate or document you will use to provide proof of age.
If you are submitting a transfer or school choice application for a student who is currently enrolled in the District, you must spell the student’s name exactly as it appears on their last report card or other correspondence you received from the District. Failure to do so may prohibit you from moving forward, or cause a delay in processing the request.
READY to ENROLL or APPLY? Click on one of the Buttons listed to your right to begin the Registration/Application process.
NEED HELP? Call (315) 435-4545 to schedule an appointment with a Registrar.
DO YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? Contact us via phone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 48 hours for a representative to respond to your inquiry.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NON-RESIDENTS
Non-Residents cannot apply for Pre-K programming in the Syracuse City School District. This includes the Montessori Pre-K Program.
If you reside outside of the City of Syracuse and are: (1) a Syracuse City School District Unit 1, Unit 2 or Unit 11 Employee, (2) Foster Parent of a student who was a previous resident of the City of Syracuse or (3) temporarily residing outside the City of Syracuse, please contact the Student Registration Center at (315) 435-4545 for assistance in completing your application.
If you are a resident of the City of Syracuse, please select an application from the right side of this page and follow the instructions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
OF CHILDREN ENTERING Kindergarten in SEPTEMBER:
Is your child new to the District? If you register your child after the open enrollment deadline of March 31, 2019, the District reserves the right to place your child outside of their home school or quadrant. Your child will be assigned where there are seats available for kindergarteners. The Department of Student Registration will contact you with the final placement.
Is your child currently enrolled in Pre-K? If your child will be turning 5 by December 1, 2019, and is currently enrolled in a Syracuse City School District or Affiliated Agency Pre-Kindergarten Program, you DO NOT have to register them for Kindergarten. You should have received a letter in the beginning of January, which confirmed your child's home school assignment for kindergarten in September.
Was your child withdrawn from a Pre-K Program during the 18-19 school year? If your child was withdrawn from a Pre-K Program at anytime during the year, you will need to re-register them for Kindergarten.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON TRANSFER REQUESTS:
All students must meet the District's transfer criteria to be considered eligible for a transfer. Before you submit an application, please take a look at the transfer criteria below to see if your child is eligible:
1. Home School and Sibling Select this transfer option if you are requesting a transfer to your home school ( the school identified as your neighborhood school based on your address) and you have another child who attends this school, resides in the same home as the applicant and will be enrolled in the school next school year (students entering grades K-11).
2. Sibling Only Select this option if you are requesting a transfer to join a child who attends this school, resides in the same home as the applicant and who will be enrolled in the school next school year (students entering grades K-11).
3. Home School Only Select this option if you are requesting a transfer to your home school ( the school identified as your neighborhood school based on your address) - (students entering grades K-11).
4. Quadrant Select this option if you are requesting a transfer to a school within your quadrant - (students entering grades K-8).
Submission of a transfer request does not guarantee placement. Placement is based on criteria eligibility and seat availability in the school of choice. You will be notified of your application and/or transfer approval status on or before May 31. This date is subject to change and may be extended due to a change in application submission deadlines.
2018-2019 Enrollment Options (Next Year)
Click Below to Apply!
Please Note: Per Board of Education policy, students who are new to the district or returning are assigned to schools based on the area of residence of their parents or person in parental relation with whom the student primarily resides at the time of enrollment in the District, unless that school does not have sufficient seats or grade level availability to accommodate all entry requests.
Registration for the Remainder of this School Year
If you are interested in enrolling your child in the Syracuse City School District for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year, click the Pre-K, K or Open Enrollment 1-12 Only button and follow the instructions.
Registration for the 2019-2020 School Year
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Registration for the 2019-2020 school year will open on February 1, 2019. Open Enrollment for Grades 1-12 will begin on May 1, 2019.
Montessori at Lemoyne
The District will be accepting applications for 3 year olds (MUST be 3 by 12/1/19) only: February 1 - March 31. Late applications will not be accepted.
Syracuse Latin School
Families with students entering Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade in September are eligible to apply February 1 - March 31. Late applications will not be accepted.
Delaware Primary and Seymour Academy Dual Language Programs
Applications for both Delaware Primary and Seymour Dual Language Academy are available February 1 - March 31.
Expeditionary Learning Middle School (ELMS)
Online Submission for eligible students entering 6th grade in September is February 1 - March 31. Late applications will not be accepted.
Online Submission for potential transfers is February 1 - March 31. Late applications will not be accepted.
High School Choice and High School Transfers
Online Submission for eligible students is February 1 - March 31. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please visit www.syracusecityschools.com for additional detail.